Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bison Ribeye & Krispy Kale - The One-Two Punch for a Fight Night Brainstorming Session on "The Evil Cooking Empire"

My friend Angela invited me over last night to watch the fight and cook some yummy food but really I went to talk about this new project called The M Good Life; the ongoing story and daily dialogue of my (I’m M Good) healthy life. I’m putting it all on this blog with the intent to turn it into a practical and fun show.

The blog will fuel ideas which will be turned into episodes of my “talk cooking show”. Each episode, I will interview a guest with expertise in a specific health-related topic ranging from acupuncture to organic farming. The topic of each episode will provide at least one related recipe that will be prepared for viewers.

Angela and I already have enough ideas to produce a weekly show for a year or more. She is full of ideas, excitement, and energy so she makes the perfect producer for this project. I know she will be able to help me finally make this “Evil Cooking Empire Dream” a reality by keeping things rolling behind the scenes as well as in the occasional cameo appearance or contributing editorial.

Not only is Angela a great producer, she’s also a mighty fine cook. For dinner, she prepared bison ribeye, sweet potato fries, and grilled eggplant from her garden. My contribution added crunch and texture to the meal. I wanted to share an unusual way to eat a dark leafy green and made Krispy Kale, a recipe I got from my friend, Lu Crenshaw, at CrossFit Allegiance.

This menu is perfect for a night of brainstorming since all of the recipes are simple and require minimal ingredients and prep time.

Bison Ribeye: Rub each ribeye with garlic, salt and pepper. Grill over charcoal to your desired cooking temperature (medium-rare is suggested).

Sweet Potato Fries: Cut sweet potatoes into long pieces and toss in olive oil or coconut oil then sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake at 425 degrees until slightly brown (about 20 minutes).

Grilled Eggplant: Cut eggplant into long pieces so they will not fall thorough slats on grill. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side.

Lu’s Krispy Kale: Cut stems off of one bunch of kale. Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and broil for about 3 minutes then flip and broil another 3 minutes. Watch these pretty closely because they finish quickly. You will know when they are done when they start to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment